The official said the final fee structure will be decided once the committee submits its recommendations and receives approval from the State government. File

The official said the final fee structure will be decided once the committee submits its recommendations and receives approval from the State government. File
| Photo Credit: ANI

To check fake and repetitive entries, the Uttarakhand government on Tuesday (February 17, 2026) said that it is now mulling the introduction of a fee for online registration for the Char Dham Yatra. With over 50 lakh takers last year, the yatra is the backbone of the State’s economy that is mostly dependent on religious tourism.

Vinay Shankar Pandey, Commissioner, Garhwal, told the media that a committee has been constituted to finalise the amount at the earliest. The same is being done to discourage non-genuine registrations, which have led to overcrowding, logistical difficulties, and safety concerns in previous years as the pilgrimage draws millions of devotees annually.

The official said the final fee structure will be decided once the committee submits its recommendations and receives approval from the State government. Only after this process will the fee be formally implemented.

This year, the yatra is scheduled to begin on April 19 with the opening of the gates at Yamunotri and Gangotri. The portals of the Kedarnath and Badrinath shrines will open on April 22 and April 23, respectively.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *