The father of the minor accused in the fatal accident that claimed the life of 23-year-old Sahil Dhaneshra has issued a public apology and said he will fully comply with the legal process.

The apology comes amid public outrage over the February 3 accident in which Sahil Dhaneshra was killed after being hit by a car allegedly driven by the minor. The teenager was apprehended the same day, produced before the Juvenile Justice Board, and sent to an Observation Home. On February 10, he was granted interim bail to appear for his Class 10 board examinations.

“Our entire family is disturbed by the incident. I am extremely sorry for what happened and, being a parent, I can understand what Sahil’s mother must be going through,” the minor’s father said. Speaking to mediapersons on Tuesday, he said he was not in the city at the time of the incident and was unaware that his son had been driving the car.

Sahil’s mother, Inna Dhaneshra, has been appealing to the public for justice since the minor was granted interim bail. Responding to the apology, she said, “Sorry will not bring my son back.” Police have registered an FIR under sections pertaining to rash driving, causing death by rash or negligent driving, and endangering human life by negligent acts. The minor’s father has also been booked under Section 199A of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, which holds guardians or vehicle owners liable when a minor commits an offence using their vehicle. 
 


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *