Chikkamagaluru Police, on Tuesday, took six boys, of whom four are minors, into custody for inquiry in connection with a complaint accusing them of throwing stones at a house near Tilak Park Road in the city.

H.G. Sudha, a supervisor at the office of the CDPO in Chikkamagaluru, filed a complaint with the Basavanahalli Police alleging that a group of six people threw stones at her residence around 9.30 p.m on Monday and attempted to enter the house when her daughter was alone inside.

The neighbours succeeded in getting hold of two of them and handed them over to the police later. Based on the complaint, the police registered a case and took the six boys into custody for investigation.

In a related development, a minor boy filed a complaint with the Basvanahalli Police alleging that he and one of his friends were assaulted by two individuals while they were returning home after having snacks. He named the accused as Santhosh Kotyan and Shyam in the complaint.

The Chikkamagaluru Police said that one of the boys accidentally threw a stone at the house. The boy, in a playful mood, wanted to show off his bowling action with a stone, and he missed the line. Eventually, the stone landed inside the house, leaving the family members and neighbours in shock.

When The Hindu contacted Jitendra Kumar Dayama, the SP, he said that the six people had been apprehended. “A stone was thrown at the house on Monday night. We are investigating the case. Similarly, we will act upon another complaint accusing two people of assault,” he stated.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *