Former Assam Congress Committee president Bhupen Kumar Borah speaks to the media in Guwahati, on February 16, 2026

Former Assam Congress Committee president Bhupen Kumar Borah speaks to the media in Guwahati, on February 16, 2026
| Photo Credit: PTI

Former Assam Congress chief Bhupen Borah has withdrawn his resignation after the party high command’s intervention, AICC state in-charge Jitendra Singh claimed on Monday (February 16, 2026).

Senior Congress leaders, including Mr. Singh and Assam unit chief Gaurav Gogoi met Mr. Borah at his residence in Guwahati, after he sent a letter to the party high command earlier in the day, announcing his resignation.

Meanwhile, Mr. Borah told reporters outside his residence that he has sought time from the Congress high command to reconsider his decision.

Mr. Gogoi added that Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has spoken to Mr. Borah, and his resignation was not accepted by the high command.

“We apologise to Bhupen Borah if he felt hurt due to certain issues in the party,” Mr. Gogoi said.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *