YSRCP leader Ambati Rambabu with party president Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy on Friday.

YSRCP leader Ambati Rambabu with party president Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy on Friday.

Alleging that a “well-planned” attack had been carried out on his residence and camp office in Guntur by the TDP workers recenlty, YSRCP leader Ambati Rambabu claimed on Friday that violence unfolded under police supervision.

Addressing the media on Friday, a day after his release from Rajamahendravaram Central Jail on bail after g 18 days in judicial remand, Mr. Rambabu said groups of TDP supporters vandalised his property for nearly seven hours. He alleged that police personnel present remained mute spectators.

Before addressing the press conference, Mr. Rambabu met party president Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy at Tadepalli.

Mr. Rambabu said the incident followed a confrontation while he was returning from a temple, and alleged that his vehicle was attacked. Though he admitted making remarks in the heat of the moment and later apologised, he claimed the retaliation was disproportionate.

The former Minister alleged that he was arrested past midnight and that incorrect statements were included in the remand report. Denying that he made any caste-based remarks, he said attempts were being made to malign him and create divisions.

He blamed Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu, Deputy Chief Minister K. Pawan Kalyan, Union Minister Pemmasani Chandra Sekhar, Guntur West TDP MLA Galla Madhavi and others for the attack on his house on that day.

He asserted that he would pursue legal remedies and continue his political fight, maintaining that the people were the ultimate judges.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *