The Andhra Pradesh government would further simplify the process of removing eligible private lands from the 22A prohibited list to benefit the poor and prevent inconvenience to genuine landowners, Revenue, Registration and Stamps Minister Anagani Satya Prasad informed the Assembly on Wednesday.

Replying to questions from TDP MLA Kolikapudi Srinivasa Rao and BJP MLA P. Vishnu Kumar Raju, the Minister said a memo had already been issued permitting deletion of five categories of private lands from the prohibited list.

Speaker Ch. Ayyanna Patrudu noted that 22A land issues persist across the State and stressed effective implementation of guidelines.

The Minister said a team, comprising the Special Chief Secretary (Revenue) and senior officials, was periodically reviewing the matter. Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu ha directed that 22A issues be resolved in a manner beneficial to the poor, while protecting public interest. A special drive involving in-charge Ministers and District Collectors would be launched to expedite eligible deletions.

On alleged encroachment of government land in Ramannapalem village of Tiruvuru mandal, he said the matter was under court litigation. Regarding assigned lands to ex-servicemen in Visakhapatnam, he clarified they could be sold after 10 years, but water bodies must be protected in line with court orders.

Meanwhile, R&B Minister B.C. Janardhan Reddy said tree removal during road expansion was being carried out strictly as per norms. Under the leadership of Mr. Naidu and Deputy Chief Minister K. Pawan Kalyan, the government was prioritising environmental conservation, avenue plantations and translocation of large trees, wherever feasible.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *